Dag started his DJ career at the Music Hall Frankfurt (Germany) in 1985 with the legendary Monday sessions. From a nearly empty dancefloor at the beginning, he enthused the party people with his own and inimitable music style with the result, that an average of 500 people visited his gigs every Monday. At that time, he also spinned his records regularly at the Aoxomoxoa and the Vogue Club in Frankfurt.
From 1988 on, a dream came true for DJ Dag played the Sunday morning sessions at the World’s famous Night Club Dorian Gray (Frankfurt Airport) for 5 Years. Another successful chapter was the Omen in Frankfurt, where Dag played as a Resident DJ on Saturdays, along with Sven Väth who played the Fridays.
Both Clubs – the Dorian Gray and the Omen - became the most influenced techno nightclubs globally in the early 90’s. Dag’s performances and music at that time was a significant contribution to the Sound of Frankfurt beginning/mid 90’s. And he was the first Dj who called his Music „Trance“, so he gave the Child his name.
He is furthermore well-known for his performances at HR3 Clubnight Radioshow where he played for 18 Years..
In 1997 Dag moved to California and worked there as aResident Dj at Club 1015 Follsom in San Francisco.
International Resident Dj bookings followed at Club UK/ The Complex in London (UK) and Space (Ibiza).
The Cocoon club engaged DJ Dag as a resident DJ until the Club closed in 2012.
He celebrated his 30 years DJ performance in 2015 with a successful Club Tour.
Throughout the last 31 years until today, DJ Dag performs in national and international clubs followed by raves & festivals such as Tribal Gathering (UK), Mayday (Poland), Word Club Dome (Germany), Parookaville Festival (Germany) and Nature One (Germany). Resident DJ at Le Panther in Frankfurt.
Dag is well-known for playing his DJ Sets with Vinyl.
Dag and Jam El Mar worked together on several music & dance projects. Dance 2 Trance hit the national and international dance charts with “The Power of American Natives” (1993). The single was rewarded with a gold record.
With Peyote, the second project, the track “I will fight no more forever” has reached cult status in the techno & trance scene up until today. Due to the big success of this track, it was again released on Superstar Records in 2000.
Further collaborations followed with Non-Eric (Lunatec Records) as “Crazy Malamute” with a “Best of Album – the Collection” (1999) and the single release “Welcome to the Dorian Gray” (2000).
As the “Flowmasters” – together with Peter Laupenmühlen – Dag released the Download album “Intriguing Visions”.
On Dr. Motte’s Praxxiz Label, DJ Dag & Dr. Motte released the Single „Sunfighter“ for Download and on Vinyl (2010).
After several partner projects, Dag released several tracks on his own label Mato-Music: “A Policeman” (2011), “A wayward Angel” (2012) plus the albums “The Vinyls” and “Partners in Crime”.
He hit the Top 10 of the DJ Trance Charts with the single “DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer – How Long” (Planet Bass Records 2012).
- 1993: Dance 2 Trance – Moonspirits
- 1994: Dance 2 Trance – Revival
- 1996: Dance 2 Trance – Works
- 1997: Crazy Malamute – The First Chapter
- 1998: Crazy Malamute – El Nino
- 1999: Crazy Malamute – The Collection
- Pete Namlook & DJ Dag's – Adlernebel
- DJ Dag – The Vinyls
- DJ Dag – Partners in Crime
- 1993: Logic Records Mastermix
- 1996: In The Mix – Join The Tribe
- 1997: hr3 Clubnight Volume 1
- 1999: Club Mix Volume One
- 2000: Club Mix Volume Two
- 2000: Mixed Emotions
- 2001: Mixed Emotions Vol. 2 – Final Live Mix At The Dorian Gray
- 2003: Essential DJ Mixes Vol. 1
- 2005: 20 Years Of DJ Madness – Timeless Classic
- DJ DAG – Cafe del Main 1–6
- Hanta Yo – The Joker (1989)
- Dance 2 Trance – We came in peace (1991)
- Dance 2 Trance – Let's get rollin (1992)
- Dance 2 Trance – Where is Dag? (1992)
- Dance 2 Trance – Hello San Francisco (1992)
- Dance 2 Trance – Power of American Natives (1993)
- Dance 2 Trance – Take a Free Fall (1993)
- Dance 2 Trance – Warrior (1994)
- Dance 2 Trance – I have a Dream (1994)
- Peyote – I will fight no more forever
- Peyote – Happy Birthday/Alcatraz
- The Odd Company – Swing in Trance
- Crazy Malamute – Stratocaster
- Crazy Malamute – This is a promised Land
- Crazy Malamute – Braveheart
- Crazy Malamute – A good and decent Man
- Crazy Malamute – Protect Muruoa/Nagasaki
- Crazy Malamute – Can’t get enough
- Crazy Malamute – Free to Ride
- Crazy Malamute – Welcome to the Dorian Gray
- B.I.A. – My ol’ Lady (1994)
- B.I.A. – The Future is ours (1995)
- DJ Dag – It’s inside my Soul (1997)
- DJ Dag – Latin Lovers (1997)
- DJ Dag – People of the Main (2000)
- The Customizers – When I get stoned (2001)
- The Ground Warriors – Treu bis in den Tod (2001)
- DJ Dag Projekt – On my own (2005)
- DJ Dag & Dr. Motte – Sunfighter (2010)
- Dag Lerner – A Policeman / Mato Music (2011)
- Dag Lerner – A wayward Angel / Mato Music (2012)
- Dag Lerner – Bottom of the Ocean / Mato-Music (2013)
- DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer – How Long / Planet Bass Records (2012)
- DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer – Louder / Planet Bass Records (2012)
- DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer – Make it funky / Planet Bass Records (2012)
- DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer – Hey Ho let’s go / Planet Bass Records (2012)
- DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer – LSD / Shiva Audio Records (2013)
- DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer – Follow me / we play records (2014)
- DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer – Omen ade / we play records (2015)